Financial Aid Overview
Current and prospective GSCM families have several avenues to explore for financial aid in offsetting the cost of tuition.
Ohio EdChoice and EdChoice Expansion Programs
Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori is a provider for the Ohio EdChoice program. There are two ways that a student can qualify for EdChoice. More information can be found here.
- Traditional EdChoice: This program provides a scholarship of $6,165 for K-8 students who reside within the district of a low-performing public school. To see if your district school is on the list click here. This scholarship can be used toward tuition. The family is then responsible for the remaining tuition and all school fees. If the family also qualifies for low income status (at or below 200% poverty level) the family is only responsible for all school fees and not the remaining tuition. Click here for more information on income eligibility.
- EdChoice Expansion: This program provides a prorated scholarship to any Ohio family. The scholarship is based on the family’s income level. The scholarship amounts range from $650 for those at the highest income levels to $6,165 for any family at or below 450% the poverty level. This is regardless of the public school district in which they reside. This can be used toward tuition. The family is then responsible for the remaining tuition and all school fees. If the family also qualifies for low income status (at or below 200% poverty level) the family is only responsible for all school fees and not the remaining tuition. Click here for information on income eligibility.
Catholic Education Foundation of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (CEF)
CEF is an endowment-based foundation that provides tuition assistance to families who enroll their child/ren (grades K-8) in Catholic Schools within the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Awards are based on the financial need of the family and range from $600 to $1200 per student. CEF prioritizes families in the lower middle class (at or below 400% poverty rate) who struggle to afford Catholic education.
This must be applied for annually through FACTS, a third-party company that reviews financial information and suggests a level of need for the family. Families that qualify for low-income status on EdChoice and do not have a remaining tuition balance are not eligible to receive a CEF grant. The CEF grant can only be applied toward tuition and cannot be used to pay school fees.
The deadline to apply for a CEF grant is February 2nd. The family will need to fully complete a FACTS grant and aid application here. There is a $30 fee that is collected when applying for FACTS. Award decisions are made by the end of February and notification letters are sent via USPS mail. GSCM will also receive a list of awarded students and receive payment directly from CEF in the fall of each year, once enrollment is verified.
CEF Welcome Scholarship
The Catholic Education Foundation of the Archdiocese also offers Welcome Scholarships to enrolled preschool or kindergarten students who are the first in their immediate family to attend a Catholic school. There are a total of 300 $1,000 scholarships to be awarded and they are awarded on a first come, first serve basis. The application process opens on January 8th. Click here to apply.
GSCM Financial Aid Program
Families may apply for financial aid from GSCM by completing the FACTS grant and aid application linked here. GSCM will consider applications for both preschool families and school-age families. The deadline to apply for financial aid from GSCM is February 2nd. Families submit one application for both CEF and GSCM Financial aid. Families will need to upload the following supporting documentation on the FACTS site.
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms
- Copies of your most recent W-2 forms
- Copies of supporting documentation for social security income, welfare, child support, food stamps, workers’ compensation, and TANF
Financial aid must be applied for annually through FACTS, a third-party company that reviews financial information and suggests a level of need for the family. There is a $30 fee that is collected when applying for FACTS. After all applications are received each family will receive a letter detailing their financial award from GSCM.
For questions regarding Financial Aid at GSCM, please contact Ryan Lopez, Advancement Director at 513-271-4171 (ext 4) or email@example.com.