The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori seeks out best educational practices to augment an already rich Montessori curriculum. These initiatives include:
- Orton Gillingham Instruction: an optimal approach for reading and spelling for all elementary students
- All Kinds of Minds: an overall understanding of how children learn
- Springer Partnership: an active collaboration with local experts to continue staff development with All Kinds of Minds
- Excellence in Writing: a systematic approach to writing instruction that encompasses the structure and style of fiction and non-fiction writing
- Artist in Education: participation in the Ohio Arts Council's Artist in Education program that brings a resident artist to our school each year.
- Calligraphy: Literally translated as "beauty writing", calligraphy promotes three Montessori concepts: a love of work, self-perfection, and order.